Since 1842 the Busatti family has been weaving in the cellars of the Palazzo Morgalanti in Anghiari, Tuscany. Busatti is still a synonym of quality and tradition, but also of innovation because of a constant search of new designs, colors and models.
The Busatti Story began on the border of Tuscany and Umbria, midway between Rome and Florence. This region, the geographic center of the Italian Renaissance, birthplace of Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael and Piero Della Francesca, is imbued with a sensitivity to beauty and commitment to the highest quality craftsmanship of all kinds.
In 1796, at the Castle of Anghiari, a textile factory specialized in weaving cloth for French Army troops which were settled along the Tiber River. Over time, the focus shifted from meeting the needs of the military to meeting those of the local people until, in 1808, it had transformed itself from serving soldiers to serving neighbours. The Busattis have lived in this region since 1790 and it was their talent and commitment to excellence that has kept this same textile factory in operation.
From their earliest origin as successful merchants, the Busatti family gradually shifted their business interests from operating an emporium that traded in general goods, to becoming expert tailors and, finally, in the mid-1800s, to specializing in home linens. It was Giuseppe Busatti, great-great-grandfather of the present owners, who created a network of home weavers in the Tiber Valley. He built hundreds of handlooms, bought the finest linens and cottons, and insisted on exacting craftsmanship for all products that bear the Busatti name.